Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Impact on Bussing


I saw this picture today on the Dangerously Irrelevant blog, and thought it very relevant to the issue of restructuring schools. Over the past few years we have spent considerable (and needed) time reflecting on and revising attendance boundaries in our district, to accomodate the opening of two new schools.

This effort was needed, and helped coordinate transportation within our district addressing many issues that existed, but I can not help thinking as we move forward that we might be moving towards larger transportation related issues in the future.

As students and parents seek to increase the personalization of their programs, taking advantage of online and community-based offerings, what will be the impact on bussing and transportation?  The picture attached makes me think that the changes coming in the future are going to impact our system in ways that we may not consider now....I feel inadequate sometimes when I think about how much I do not know!

Cheers

No comments: